Recommended Tape Size
- 20BT 20mm x 100M - Plant Diameter Size 5mm to 25mm
- 30BT 30mm x 100M - Plant Diameter Size 20mm to 50mm
- 40BT 40mm x 100M - Plant Diameter Size 30mm to 75mm
How to use Bio-Graft™ Budding, Grafting, Bonsai and Plant Repair Tape
- Apply Bio-Graft tape with the adhesive side outside (refer to Bio-Graft logo)
- Because our tapes are pressure sensitive, it is important to familiarize yourself with the variety of stretch pressure needed to produce a successful outcome
- Depending on the plant variety we generally recommend about 50% stretch to secure the grafted stock as well as produce good callous formation
- A minimum of 4 to 5 layers of tape must be applied to your grafted stock.
- We recommend that you wrap about 4 layers of tape around your finger to see the affect of the pressure once applied.
- By testing different stretch ratios pressure in this way, will help to quickly understand the desired pressure for your plant stock.
- Once the desired stretch/pressure is achieved, the grafted plant will produce the correct callous growth wanted.
- One roll of Bio-Graft budding/grafting tape will yield approximately 1,000 grafts on 8mm plant stock.
- All our products are manufactured from FDA approved polyethylene materials.
- Our tapes will work in temperatures ranging from + 50 degrees C to -40 degrees C.
- Store in a dry place and avoid excessive sunlight and/or heat.